Spa Finder, Inc

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Keep Moving Forward

Big Boy has a knack for picking DVDs and movies that I have no thought in my mind to see or watch, that end up being delightful, insightful and inspiring to me.

This time, it was with the DVD, Meet The Robinsons. It was the only thing he specifically asked for by name for Christmas this year. He'd wanted to see it when it was in the theaters, but we, a-hem, passed on it. Science experiments? Time travel? Futuristic inventions? Yawwwwn...

Santa heard him, though, and Big Boy was beside himself when he discovered his Christmas wish had come true. Straight to the DVD player he went! The movie did not disappoint--it was all he thought it would be and more (I believe I have a precious little geek on my hands).

I didn't watch Meet The Robinsons yesterday, but I was grateful it kept Big Boy occupied while I prepped Christmas dinner.

Today, though, I obliged him, and at his request we watched the movie together. All I'll say is, I was pleasantly surprised, and hence, I'm going to ask you to please make a point to check this movie out--if you haven't already. I'm sure you'll take away something positive from one of its many themes.

For me, it was the concept of "celebrating failure", which has just possibly changed the course of my children's future for even greater good, since I've now determined that I will incorporate this into my parenting. For that, Meet The Robinsons has just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

No comments:

Magazines.com, Inc.