Spa Finder, Inc

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Untitled

Listening to NPR’s All Things Considered yesterday afternoon, I was struck by the words of Virginia Tech accounting professor Bryan Cloyd, whose daughter Austin died in Monday’s tragedy. The remarks reportedly appeared on the front page of the Virginia Tech school paper’s website, from a copy of an email the professor sent to his students:

“…Go to your mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers, and tell them with all your heart how much you love them. Go out of your way to make good memories, because someday these memories may be all you have left.”


These words have stayed on my mind even today, and I suppose it’s meant for me to share them with you.

Go “make good memories” and have a good weekend.

Professor Brian Cloyd, for touching countless others with this poignant admonition in the midst of your grief, you have my deepest sympathy, and you’ve respectfully just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

No comments:

Magazines.com, Inc.