Spa Finder, Inc

Thursday, July 19, 2007

California Hopin'


Big Boy has eczema. His skin has been plagued with it since he was 5 months old.

I am grateful that his condition is not as bad as it once was, and his pediatrician says he may very well be one of those children who for the most part outgrows it.

I hope this will be the case, but we're not there yet. And in the summer, it gets worse. Watching him itch involuntarily while his skin bears the leathery, scarred effects is one of the things that really breaks my heart as his Mom, and keeps me in the fight to find something that will give him relief.

It's been a long, costly battle, with remedies working for awhile, then his eczema becoming somehow "immune" to them, sending us on a quest for something else that may soothe his skin and give it a fighting chance. Today, it led me to California Baby Super Sensitive Everyday Lotion.

Upon first application, it seems to be having a positive effect. "It feels good, Mommy," is what Big Boy told me. It's the little things in life... I'm so happy I could cry.

In checking out their website, I see that there are creams that may prove to be even more effective. I'll give this lotion another couple of days and if appears to make a difference, I'll likely be ordering their Calming Botanical Moisturizing Cream.

Do any of you have experience with eczema? What has worked for you? Let me know, and I'll add you, as I'm doing now with mom-who-understands and California Baby developer Jessica Iclisoy, to The Thanks Ranks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have eczema but a neighbor of mine a few years ago ...her son did...and because I was in the medical field my daughter told her I could probably get her a discount on meds....well she used aquaphor...it is a petroleum based product...I don't know if you have tried it....some prefer a none petroleum based treament....I pray that your son will completely grow out of this condition...thanks
peace~

Grateful Lisa said...

Thanks, transformed.

We have tried Aquaphor. Early on it was a welcome and successful alternative to the steroids he was taking.

Unfortunately, over time, this was one of the solutions to which his skin built up a resistance.

For the last year--believe it or not--plain old vaseline worked.

But this past month it has proven ineffective, which has put me on this new quest for another solution.

I'm touched by and appreciate your kind prayers and thoughts for his condition. You've just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

Magazines.com, Inc.