Spa Finder, Inc

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Letting Go is Hard to Do

Truth be told, I STILL had clothes to donate, even after my massive spring cleaning clear-out in April, because I just couldn't get to it all. But I'd made a huge, significant dent.

And as good as it felt then after it was done, I still had trouble letting go of my little ones' clothes this time around, prompted by an American Kidney Fund representative calling late last month and inquiring if I had anything to donate. "Uh... umm... yes...," I reluctantly responded. I'm just a great, big, sentimental sap.

But I worked through it, and this morning, a little after 8:00 a.m., the American Kidney Fund truck came by and picked up my boxes of clothes and miscellaneous household items.

Through this process of giving away, you make more room to receive, right? That's what I keep telling myself--deep breath inhale-exhale after deep breath inhale-exhale.

For coming to relieve me of my things, providing me the reminder that I've been blessed so that I can be a blessing to others, American Kidney Fund, you've just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

Happy Birthday Dara, Tenera and Stefani!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of us at the American Kidney Fund are extremely grateful for your generosity, which will help kidney patients who are in need!

Grateful Lisa said...

Wow, how cool are you, AKF? You're welcome. Your comment makes me feel all the better about it. :-)

Magazines.com, Inc.