Spa Finder, Inc

Monday, March 26, 2007

I Got 99 Posts and this Bit is One -- Hundred

Happy Monday! Hope your new week is off to a great start.

This entry is the 100th post of The Thanks Ranks (counting some in draft form that have been written but not seen the light of day). I don't think anyone is more surprised than I!

For me this is a tangible lesson in how far you can go toward a goal by just putting one foot in front of the other, taking one step at a time. If someone had told me back in November when this project began that I'd have to write about 100 things I was grateful for in the form of blog entries with a March 26, 2007 deadline, I would have likely said, "Whoa... I don't know if I can do that... Where would I find the time? I can't just list them? What would I say? What would I write about?!"

And to be honest, those thoughts did cross my mind. But in just simply thinking of it as something I'd set out to do on an as-much-as-possible daily basis with weekends off for 'good behavior', I said, "Just do it!" And now I lift my head up and look back to discover it's been done 100 times. I'm ready to go tackle another 100 more. No pressure. Just one post at a time.

What task or project are you facing that seems so daunting that you can't figure out how to get it done, so you've not even started? I encourage you (and myself, on other fronts) to begin today, with just a simple step. And then tomorrow, take another one--a nice, small manageable step.

Let's make a deal. You commit to starting out on something you've been wanting to get going on for awhile, and I'll commit to letting you know when (God willing) I've hit post #200. Let's see how far you can travel on your "Journey of 1000 Steps" by that time, and we'll celebrate together. What do you say?

Consider the wise saying, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time."

Proverbial elephant, knife and fork--I'm wiping my mouth, taking another morsel, and for the lesson, adding you to The thanks Ranks.

No comments:

Magazines.com, Inc.