Spa Finder, Inc

Friday, April 04, 2008

Lessons from a Four-Dollar Face Lift

I rolled the dice, and got snake-eyes.

Actually, I got one eyebrow that's thinner than the other and an expression that looks half angry and half quizzical.

My lessons are:

1) A $4 eyebrow threading at a salon is NOT a better deal than a $15 eyebrow threading at a spa if you come out looking like the Joker.

2) You get what you pay for.

3) Wearing a paper bag over my head with the eye and mouth holes cut out is not going to work, because it scares my children.

4) It's only hair and it will (hopefully), over time, grow back.

Justifiction for returning the spa for the sake of my pleasant appearance has just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

3 comments:

Mrs. McLellan said...

we all need at least one time to look either surprised or angry for about a week to learn our lesson:)

Kirsten said...

LOL... I know it's not funny... really.

Right now I'm dealing with missing eyelashes, so I'm feelin' your pain. I'd like to give a big "thanks" to Bobby Brown mascara for not washing off enough for my eyelash curler to brake off most of my right eyelashes.

Okay, so I'm being smart, but I truly am thankful for the hard beauty lessons we must learn sometimes!

Grateful Lisa said...

It's nice to know I'm not alone in this, Kellie and Kirsten... :-)

It's starting to grow back, slowly but surely... Kirsten, how are your lashes coming?

Maybe this was also a lesson in vanity? I can get pretty "particular" when it comes to my eyes and brows. Perhaps I needed to be taken down a peg or two?

Magazines.com, Inc.