Spa Finder, Inc

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Where There's Smoke, It's Dire

Still groggy, I woke up quickly when it started registering in my brain. Something burning... hard to breathe... must be smoke... fire.... Fire? Fire!!!

"Something's burning!" I sleepy-hysterically exclaimed while nearly shaking the alignment out of Hubby-Honey's shoulders, making a beeline for the babies' rooms, following my nose to the kitchen, then the front door.

Outside the air was thick. But thank God it wasn't my home. Then I started saying a prayer for all my neighbors, becauuse surely the fire was close...

But I hadn't heard any sirens, and I'm not THAT sound a sleeper.

Turns out I was experiencing all of what metro Atlanta woke up to this morning: smoke from wildfires burning in south Georgia and Florida that had traveled up our way.

While poor air quality is challenging enough, I am so grateful that my home and everyone in it is safe.

My thoughts turn to those fighting the blazes. What a toll battling these fires must be taking on them. Firefighters, here's a prayer for your safety, strength and edification. Yours is a job I know I wouldn't care to handle. You've just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

No comments:

Magazines.com, Inc.