Spa Finder, Inc

Thursday, May 31, 2007

If I Can't Have You

At an unfamiliar gas station from yesteryear, where I can't pay at the pump (yes, I'm annoyed), I enter and hear a song playing that instantly floods memories from a time long, long ago, and I can't help but smile.

This was the first song I ever paid to play from a jukebox (some of you may remember those) with my own money, at a pizza parlor in Burlington, Vermont on a late summer family vacation. I was so proud. That was a whole quarter--MY quarter--because I'd kept my bed made the entire week!

Yvonne, where have you gone? Mood-changing, happy memories triggered instantly by song (you know you have them too--which songs cause yours?): you've just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

2 comments:

Mrs. McLellan said...

My favorite 45, Jimmy Cliff's "I Can See Clearly Now" revived courtesy of ITunes, instantly puts a smile on my face, brings back memories of my Donny and Marie record case.

Grateful Lisa said...

Learn something new about folks every day! :-)

Magazines.com, Inc.