Spa Finder, Inc

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Bug In My Ear

When my babies are sick, my whole world is put on hold 'til they're back to their happy selves.

This time, it's Baby Girl. Ear infection. She's resting comfortably now, and after fever and fitfulness, we're all ready for a nap.

It occurred to me that I'm one of a privileged global, shucks, national minority that can "just" call the pediatrician and "just" make a same-day appointment and "just" drive over to the office and "just" present a card and pay $20 for services that actually cost much more and "just" drive to the local pharmacy and "just" get the needed prescription filled by again presenting that card along with a nominal fee and "just" go buy the yogurt from Whole Foods that was recommended and "just" drive back home, give the baby her medicine and "just" put her in the room and bed that she shares with no one but herself.

Paris is reported (ad nauseam) to be "reading" The Power of Now. Think she'd be interested in my lesson pondered about the wealth I possess in this moment?

My abundance of "just" things has indeed "just" been added to The Thanks Ranks.

No comments:

Magazines.com, Inc.