Spa Finder, Inc

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Southern Comfort


This is yet another reason why I love Atlanta.

See that white lawn chair under the tree to the right of the worn path? It's a respite from the heat and blazing sun for the first fortunate soul who makes it to the bus stop, as marked by the post on the corner, to the left of the worn path.

The chair belongs to no one, and yet it belongs to everyone. I'll sporadically spot others around town, where full-on bus stop shelters haven't been built.

And I'm not coming down on any city in particular here, as at my core I am a city girl. I'm just saying: it's not every metropolis where that chair would be left to remain where it is, in random public service to others.

I heart Atlanta, 'cause Atlanta has a heart. And that heart has just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

No comments:

Magazines.com, Inc.