Spa Finder, Inc

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Gettin' in the Way of What I'm Feelin'

Labor Day weekend. Spent quality time with the family, knocked some major things off my "to-do" list and caught up on some of my mag reading.

Essence, September 2007 issue. Did you catch it? I'm devastated to learn that the absolutely incredible, deeply profound, indescribably, superiorly talented performer Jill Scott (can you tell I'm a fan?), had divorced.

Not Jill, who's song, "He Loves Me: Lyzel in E Flat," inspired by her man, holds special significance with me (for reasons if I divulged you'd likely file under "TMI", so I'll spare you).

So sad. But she says she's OK, she's clear and she still loves and thinks well of him. Aww, Jill...

Then she says something, that makes me sit still for a minute.

When asked by Terry McMillan (who knows a thing or two about betrayal, heartache and divorce) to describe what for her would be the perfect experience with someone she loves, she responds:

"I would love to have a baby and I'd love for the man who helped me conceive that child to be holding my hand when I give birth. I would love that."

And I think, wow, I've had that experience. Twice. And it was pretty incredible. Afterwards--after the babies drew their first breaths in the world. It wasn't so pretty with angelic harps playing leading up to that. ;-)

But it was powerfully phenomenal. And now, reading this, I'm not as perturbed with Hubby-Honey for not as of yet holding up his end of the bargain in clearing out his side of the bedroom closet this weekend as we'd agreed. At the moment, he's bathing Big Boy. And they're both laughing together over something or another.

And I'm melting. Thanks, Jill. For reminding me yet again that sans the Grammy and the accolades and the money and the fame, I've still got it good--you've just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

And may you indeed experience this gift when your time comes.

No comments:

Magazines.com, Inc.