Spa Finder, Inc

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Today on Thanks Ranks Radio (9.6.07)

The week after Labor Day–I did more than perhaps I should have, now I’m sick with flu-like symptoms. One of these days I’ll convince myself I’m not invincible. :-)

It’s back to school now for everyone. Here’s what I’m grateful for on the subject, and what would have been discussed today on Thanks Ranks Radio:

* Happiness Classes for students in the U.K.

I think they’re on to something. Can we try some of that in the U.S.? Are you aware of such classes being taught to kids in your community? I’d be interested in knowing.

* MTV Survey. If you think the teenager in your life is impossible to please and understand, the results of a new survey may surprise you:

An online survey from the Associated Press and MTV posed more than 100 questions about happiness to nearly 1300 people ages 13 to 24. Additionally, field research was conducted here in Atlanta and Phoenix and Philadelphia with in-person discussion groups among 59 teens.

When asked 'what makes them most happy?' 73-percent said their relationship with their parents.

While spending time with family was the top answer, next was spending time with friends, followed by time with a significant other.

Close to half say religion and spirituality are also very important.

Really insightful stuff—I’m keeping it in mind, as I’m always looking for things present and future to add to my parenting arsenal. Get more details and results from the entire study here.

* David Lowry and Jimmy Walicek—the “Kickball Guys” featured in the "Love Your Life" article in the Sept/Oct 2007 issue of Positive Thinking magazine. Kickball was one of my favorite playground pastimes in elementary school. These guys have made their passion for the game into a viable living. How fun!

* Bridget Greenleaf, for her no excuses, inspirational story featured in “But I Can’t Go Back to School”, also in Positive Thinking magazine.

* Pam for her book picks. Time to throw my brain some mental meat again. Are you game for reading these books along with me this fall? Have you already read one or both? What are your thoughts on them?:

A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary for Lovers by Xiaolu Guo

The Girls by Lori Lansens

* Luciano Pavarotti. RIP.

If you so desire, you can click on the player to the left to hear my under-the-weather self in this week's show's, what, 5 minute entirety? :-) For earlier 30 minute shows, check out the Thanks Ranks Radio archives at blogtalkradio.com.

To your health and mine! I look forward to being back "on the air" with you at 100% next week.

No comments:

Magazines.com, Inc.