Spa Finder, Inc

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Keep Your Germs to Yourself

I wish my recent posts offered a little more variety than that of illness and all things related, but hey, what can I say? Such has been the central stuff of my life for the last, what, three weeks now?

Hubby-Honey, with the benefits of going out of the house to work and not having to set foot in Big Boy's school, had been managing to remain unscathed by this "flu-like-cold-respiratory-bronchial-allergy-thing" that the rest of us have been cycling through--until yesterday.

"The tickle" made a visit to his throat. Oh, no! Please sweet Jesus. There is nothing worse than Hubby-Honey getting sick. He's like most men--when he goes down, the world stops spinning on its axis. Running myself ragged taking care of the babies when they're ill is light action compared to caring after him. I do it with love, but cheese and crackers! ;-)

Recognizing that I'm right now only at 65% and I need to be at 110 when duty calls to take care of him, I went off to Whole Foods (just after a--thankfully--good report follow-up pediatrician visit for Big Boy) to see about getting something, perhaps by way of echinacea, to beat this thing back until I am stronger to deal with it.

The aisle offerings were dizzying. I didn't know where to turn. Out of nowhere stepped in Jill, and after explaining to her my mission, she nodded knowingly and suggested Gaia Herbs Quick Defense. She said she'd used it herself, highly recommended it, and that it had been flying off the shelves through word-of-mouth. After she'd engaged Big Boy in conversation and remarked that he and her father shared the same first name, I said I'd go with it.

She told us to come back and let her know how it worked. Now that Big Boy has a new best friend in "Ms. Jill", you can best believe he'll keep me to that.

16 hours since his first dose, Hubby Honey appears to be stabilized. I'll be checking in with him soon to make sure he takes his next administration. A text message is something I can manage, even at 65%. :-)

Jill and Gaia Herbs, for seemingly buying me some time before having to assume my full-on "Nurse Betty meets Nuclear Apocalypse" position, you've just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will certainly have to try this ... the last time kai came home w/the sniffles she quickly passed them to daddy who started a daily dose of airborne...which kept things to a sniffle minimum...i also gave kai an extra vitamin each day...some gummy extra dose vitamin c i got as a sample at whole foods...that plus her daily kangavites...kept her from getting any worse...

traci

Grateful Lisa said...

Traci, I have to say, it got Hubby-Honey through the work week, and he's still maintaining--even having not been as vigilant with taking it at work as I would have liked--so I call it a winner. I'll have to check out kagavites. I'm not familiar with it. Thanks for sharing.

Magazines.com, Inc.