Spa Finder, Inc

Monday, November 05, 2007

How Inspired!

Hubby-Honey and I are always challenging ourselves here in our humble little household. Taking on "make us better" tasks to see what we're capable of keeps things interesting.

For the month of November? Aside from social obligations that are already established or may come up, Hubby-Honey and I are not going to eat out. No take-out for lunch at work for him, no on-the-road-with-kids-on-the-fly stops for me, no, "It's the weekend! Let's go to (insert desired eatery here)!" for either one of us.

Nope. Even if it means nothing more than peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on our best china, this month, the only food we'll be consuming is that which came from our grocery/farmers market shopping.

This isn't something that I've ever taken on in the history of... well, my life. Where am I going to find the inspiration to come up with ideas for every meal for every day for 30 days?

Enter The Dinner A'Fare and Super Suppers. They're competitors in their prepare-ahead meals industry, but no matter to me--they're a font of recipe ideas!

I've simply checked out their menus for the current and future month, and come up with options that I think will work for our family, given my organic modifications and relative comfort around the kitchen (you may recall, I'm a culinary school dropout--that still puts me further ahead of the cooking game than most).

So far we've been so good. We just might be able to do this. At least now the meal prep is becoming a joy and not a joy-killer to the foodie in me. Maybe I'll go back and get my culinary degree yet--NOT!

But in the meantime, for providing me a vista to success, The Dinner A'Fare and Super Suppers, you've just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some panko coating to do on some tilapia filets for tonight's "Pan-Asian Tilapia with Five Spice Panko Crust".

Bon appetit!

4 comments:

Mrs. McLellan said...

I love peanut butter and jelly! Make sure you have milk:)

Grateful Lisa said...

Yeah... if only I could get Hubby-Honey to do the all natural peanut butter, but he's not having it. Despite our changing food lifestyle habits, he's not giving up JIF, and I'm not giving up Miracle Whip. That's just the way it's going to be. :-) I'm pleased enough that we can agree on the organic milk. :-)

Traci, (I know you'll be reading at some point) :-) Thanks for the suggestions from Trader Joe's. I'll keep you all posted on our progress.

Anonymous said...

u are not alone...when i brought home some all natural peanut butter (from Trader Joe's) my husband exclaimed, "what is this??!!"

traci

Grateful Lisa said...

lol.

Magazines.com, Inc.