Spa Finder, Inc

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

What's In A Year?

I don't believe it, but 'tis true...

If you look to the left column of this blog, and scroll down, down, down, past the 'Blog Archive' and all the months of 2007 listed, you'll get to '2006'.

And if you click on that, and scroll all the way down, down, down, you'll get to an entry that says, "Tuesday, November 07, 2006".

And that, dear friends, would be the very first post of The Thanks Ranks, which means that today, November 7, 2007, marks The Thanks Ranks' first anniversary.

I can't believe it. First of all, time has flown! As I've taken some time to re-read the earlier posts, I'm amazed that it's been a year, or almost a year, that the things detailed occurred. Can't be--it all seems like just yesterday!

But on the otherhand, as I read, I consider the interesting "evolution of me" that has occurred. As is documented, the genesis of this blog sprouted from a muddled head in a clouded space that had just enough presence of mind to grasp gratitude. That time and that person do feel far removed now.

So when I reflect upon this past year of my Thanks Ranks experience, I can say that I still don't know where it's going, and what's to come of it. And that's OK. It's not meant for me to get ahead of it. My job is to simply continue logging one entry at a time.

What I do know is that through this exercise I have received an amazing gift in discovering that I can find the "story" in the simplest of things, and that alone has given me a tremendous sense of clarity.

The "bestest" is yet to come, because this year has been the best. I highly recommend, "giving thanks a try".

The collective lesson in gratitude from the past 365 days and all that has blessedly occured in my life as a result have just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

Thank you for joining me on the ride.

4 comments:

Mrs. McLellan said...

happy bloggerversary! happy gratituteaversary!

Grateful Lisa said...

Thanks! It's been a memorable day.

Kirsten said...

Congratulations Lisa! I'm so happy you started this venture... you came out a winner who will never stay stagnant!

Grateful Lisa said...

Thanks, Kirsten! I consider our friendship among the number of gifts that I have received through this experience. You are very much appreciated.

Magazines.com, Inc.