Spa Finder, Inc

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Spread Love

As our very first Valentine's Day (the one when we were exclusively dating, but who knew what the future held) approached, I asked Hubby-Honey to please not send me flowers to the office, as I had a feeling he'd be inclined to do.

At the time I was working at a B-to-B magazine publishing company. It had a staff of about 20, comprised mostly of women--women who were unattached or unlucky in love. I didn't want to rub the day in their faces. I told Hubby-Honey so. Whatever he may be wanting to do, a simple, private acknowledgement of the day would suffice. He just listened.

On the day, a large, beautiful multi-colored bouquet of carnations was delivered to the office. Who were the flowers for? The card said to all the ladies in my office. Each was to take one that suited her from the bouquet. Who were they from? Hubby-Honey.

The mood in that office changed love-festive instantly. Can I just tell you who was considered the SWEETEST guy ever by all on that day?

And then, the following morning, a dozen red roses exclusively for me arrived at the reception desk. Not for Valentine's Day, but just because.

This is the man I've since shared subsequent Valentine's Days with--all still just as sweet as the first.

I spread love to you today, reader-friends, as Hubby-Honey did with those carnations. Happy Valentine's Day.

And Hubby-Honey, who else but you could I add today to The Thanks Ranks? Today, Tomorrow, Always.

No comments:

Magazines.com, Inc.