Spa Finder, Inc

Monday, January 15, 2007

Celebrity Face-off

OK, so in my profile I mention that I enjoy entertainment news, which means that I am amused by celebrity culture.

So when I was introduced to MyHeritage Face Recognition - Celebrity Matches by my TV producer/cinematographer/editor/animator friend Carlos, I was intrigued.

Essentially, MyHeritage helps folks track their genealogy through face recognition technology. As a fun feature on their site, they have you upload a photo of yourself, and from it they then apply their technology to match you with the celebrities that have your facial features and hence, share a resemblance.

So I did it. Here's who they came up with for me, with how closely we resemble each other represented by a percentage value:

Sofia Coppola: 60%
Uh, hi MyHeritage. I'm Lisa, and I'm a Black woman. The color photo I submitted kinda clearly reflects that. But you did say 60%, so I'll cut you some slack.

Amber Benson: 62%
Not...

Sela Ward: 63%
Quite...

Anne Hathaway: 64%
Seeing This. Is it the broad smiles? I guess I'll give you that...

Jared Padalecki: 64%
OK, first: Who?
Second: A guy? That's just plain mean.

Elizabeth Hurley: 66%
Seriously, now.

Gabrielle Union: 67%
Ah, a Black woman. Now we're getting somewhere. Except, uh, looking like Gabrielle? Not so much.

Nia Long: 70%
OK, this is getting downright comical. Guess your catalog of Black female celebs isn't that vast, huh?

Rosario Dawson: 71%
You're just trying to be funny now.

AND THE #1 CELEBRITY I MOST CLOSELY RESEMBLE (Drum roll, please):

Heather Locklear: 72%
HEATHER LOCKLEAR?! Heather Locklear?! A word with this technology's programmers, please.

Curiously missing from this list is the celebrity that I have, before chopping off and subsequently locking my hair, actually been told that I resemble (even once being quietly approached in the airport for an autograph!): Holly Robinson Peete.

What do you think? Give this a try for yourself. I'd be curious to know what you think of your results.

For the chuckle, Carlos and MyHeritage, you've just been added to The Thank Ranks.

Please join me in sending Carlos good wishes and encouragement. He's working through his heartbreak of missing the FEDEX deadline to submit to the Emmys. Everything happens for a reason, Carlos. When it's your time, you won't be denied.

No comments:

Magazines.com, Inc.