Spa Finder, Inc

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Just Ducky

Big Boy has been downed with respiratory issues yet again, so it was back to the pediatrician for us.

So here we go again with another round of treatments to pinpoint exactly what's going on with him: allergies, infection, asthma, a combo? Suspicions abound, but he's not textbook, so at this point it's hard to say.

While I was a little resistant the last time, for the sake of his full-functioning breathing and getting to the bottom of all of this, I have reluctantly-with-fingers-crossed agreed to the full-on assault of meds, which includes two inhalers.

At least this part of his treatments has been made manageable and fun for him by using what we've been calling, "The Duckface".

With this animated chamber, he's able to count his three breaths (child's play) and take in the mist that is hopefully giving his lungs a break and getting those passageways back in order.

In God I trust, and as we spend the next two weeks trotting out "The Duckface"... for making this aspect of his treatments distracting and amusing for Big Boy, PARI VORTEX Masks, you've just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

2 comments:

Pattie Baker said...

Lisa: Have you had your ducts cleaned? We moved into a new house years ago and assumed new equaled clean. One of my kids had severe respiratory issues for years. We got the ducts cleaned and the issues disappeared literally overnight. We get them cleaned every few years now and she has been symptom-free ever since. No meds. No doctor visits. Nothing. I kid you not.

Grateful Lisa said...

Pattie,

Thank you. You have just confirmed something I have been suspecting... so I believe that you kid me not. I'll be calling around this week. If you have a referral, please shoot me an email.

Magazines.com, Inc.