Spa Finder, Inc

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Today on Thanks Ranks Radio (10.11.07)

Gotta love Atlanta traffic...

Thanks to those of you who waited to hear my "half-time show", delivered with half-brain function. :-) Here's what was (or was meant to have been) referenced on today's show and added to The Thanks Ranks:

My signs/lessons always seem to come in threes...

*On ending my love affair with Starbucks:

1) Say it isn't so! Organic Consumers Association's scathing report

2)The Starbucks kids' cups recall. Starbucks and turtles (Go Maryland!)--what wasn't to love? I'd bought one this summer for Big Boy, and was mildly annoyed when he lost it. Now I'm relieved.

3) The discovery of Cafe Campesino, a fair trade coffee company in Georgia

* On being an activist:

1) Come On People by Bill Cosby and Alvin Poussaint

2) The invitation to the GOAL Luncheon (thanks, Gail)

3) Life's Fruit blog (way to go, Kirsten! inhale... exhale... write!)

If you so desire, you can click on the player to the left to hear this week's show in its, well, 15 minute entirety. For earlier shows, check out the Thanks Ranks Radio archives at blogtalkradio.com.

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

I have been guilty of being a Starbucks junkie too. The first time that the fat factor was brought to my attention, I was alarmed!!!

Now, on the rare occasion that I feel the need to divulge my lil' craving and purchase a yummy drink, I modify it. My white mocha with carmel is now a non-fat white mocha with soy and sugar free syrup. A bit wordy! :) Who knows what the calorie count is, but it's gotta be better than before!

Grateful Lisa said...

Oh that it were just the fat and the calorie count that troubled me, Kirsten. I could live with that. Simple moderation. But sadly, there appears to be more...

I'm sure there will be a few more trysts as I work through the break-up. "Sympathy Sips". :-)

Kirsten said...

I know it... I guess I was just looking at the immediate effect on myself.

Once you start researching into corporate America, it can really make you sick. For me, it makes me not want to shop almost anywhere! Too often we lack knowledge and we feed the system, however, we do have some choices to where we put our dollars. Good for you for taking stance. My condolences to you in your time of Starbucks mourning.

Kirsten said...

Oh my, how rude am I!!???

Please add Grateful Lisa ;) to The Thanks Ranks for including me and my new blog in your show!

Grateful Lisa said...

Kirsten,

No rudeness perceived. It's my pleasure to share your blog with others. What great info! 9, 8, 4... this helped me with my shopping yesterday. :-)

Magazines.com, Inc.