Spa Finder, Inc

Monday, October 22, 2007

The Road of Life in Focus

With my, "I-don't-care-what-we-do-I-just-want-to-be-with-my-family," NYC slicker brother in town this past weekend, we sought out some good "country" fun by heading south to Serenbe--a place that I've long been drawn to visit.

We drove leisurely through the beautiful community in development, though we never came upon the farm located somewhere on the property that we'd set out to find (admittedly, not that hard, or we would've stopped and asked someone). So we decided to head over to the advertised BBQ-Bluegrass-Blues Festival taking place at a nearby park to see what it had to offer.

Once there, of greatest interest to me was the organic produce stand of said farm that we'd been unable to locate.

While chatting with the young gentleman manning the stand, trying to determine where we'd gone wrong in missing the farm, I noticed a photographer in my periphery documenting the event.

When Friendly Farm Guy's and my exchange was over and I turned to rejoin my family, the photographer approached me. To my surprise, it was an old co-worker of mine from our mutual part-time, culinary world "hustling" days, when Hubby-Honey nor the babies were even a thought in my consciousness.

As we hugged and caught up, I couldn't believe 1) that of all places we'd find each other here and 2) that this "coincidental" meeting was taking place with someone I'd admired those 10+ years ago for going after doing what she loved and was meant to do, who was now actively and successfully doing it--precisely at a time that I've been framing and receiving insight as to what that means for me.

It occurred to me later on the drive home that what I'd set out looking for that day was just what I'd found. And we weren't talking a farm here.

Julie, I congratulate you for "doing you". For being yet another signpost along my life's road, you've just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

No comments:

Magazines.com, Inc.