Spa Finder, Inc

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Thanks for the McMemories












Whew! I'm recuping from driving all around God's green Georgia yesterday. Logged a lot of miles, but all for good causes. More on that in the near future, with thanks to Mari, Leah (sp?), Shona and crew.

By 5:10 p.m., I couldn't stand the highways and traffic anymore, so I embarked upon a little adventure traveling unfamiliar backroads that I was confident-thanks to an inherent good sense of direction-would eventually lead me to a place I knew, with the children and I getting home at a less harried pace.

Traveling on one of the many thousand metro Atlanta streets with "Peachtree" in its name, I found myself between the cities of Doraville and Chamblee when I came upon this house of yesteryear, with signs, objects and symbols from days gone by scattered all around the building.

And I find it funny that, in light of my recent posts and thoughts on quality food, I came upon this relic from my childhood and a piece of immortalizd pop culture.

Do you remember McDonaldland, and its characters? I was running through my mental rolodex, and could recall Grimace, Hamburglar, Mayor McCheese, Ronald (of course), The Fry Guys... But this character...his name escaped me. Later when I quizzed Hubby-Honey at home, he too couldn't recall.

Gotta love Google. I gave up trying to remember it on my own, searched this a.m. and got the answer--that for fun I'll link but not state here. Tell me if you recalled it, or if you too needed a little online assistance to jog your memory.

For the "final-nail-in-coffin" symbolism that coincides with my making peace with my McPast and bidding my relationship with the Golden Arches a complete adieu, strange little house of oddities, you've just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

No comments:

Magazines.com, Inc.