Spa Finder, Inc

Monday, October 01, 2007

Mothers Earth

This past Saturday I was at a fantastic "Farm-to-School 101" event and encountered fellow mom and blogger Pattie Baker. She addressed the crowd that day, and wrote a perfect summation of the event on her blog that I encourage you to read at FoodShed Planet.

I've since become a fan, as she is a trailblazer on the path I've just embarked upon since Big Boy started "school"--that of a hopeful mom who believes systemic change in the school lunch program is not too much to ask for the sustainable health and welfare of our children.

Stanley, the industrious mom behind the garden at E. Rivers Elementary, also challenged and inspired me in ways I dare to acknowledge. I'm telling you, reading that book, GRUB, has turned my head around, and the path of enlightenment has led me to these fine women.

Pattie and Stanley, I stand in mom-to-mom solidarity with you and all those committed to putting good food within our children's reach-- one square foot at a time. For all your fine efforts that have further fueled me, you've just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

2 comments:

Pattie Baker said...

Thank you so much! I can't tell you how alone I've felt, locally, in this pursuit, and that room full of positive energy (to which you added yours) was truly eye-opening.

Grateful Lisa said...

We're with you, Pattie. You're quite welcome and again, thank you.

Magazines.com, Inc.