Spa Finder, Inc

Sunday, November 19, 2006

"Celebrity" Wedding

Here a Kat, there a Kat, everywhere a TomKat! You just can't escape the news of the Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes wedding. All the hoopla has me waxing nostalgic about my own destination wedding.

Hubby-Honey and I were married five years ago on the beautiful island of Barbados. We aren't celebrities, but you wouldn't have known it by the way we and the 25 of our nearest and dearest who made the trip were received by the island's fine residents. Barbados is only 167 sq. miles large, so when something is going on, almost everyone knows about it. Our wedding seemed to be no exception.

And every detail was tended to by our wedding planner extraordinaire, Luisan. At the time of my engagement, I was employed as a special events planner with a large non-profit organization. So let's just say I was no Bridezilla, but I was, er, particular, about how I wanted our wedding package customized.

But via email and telephone, Luisan was expertly with me every step of the way. And from the "high church" wedding to the horse drawn carriage to the photos along the shoreline to the most incredible island fare feast to the dancing beachside under the stars, she made our day everything we wanted it to be, and more.

God willing, Hubby-Honey and I are planning to return to Barbados in 2008 with more friends and family for a celebration we're calling "The Seven-Year Itch". I'll be in touch, Luisan. I'm a lot more relaxed now, so this should be a walk in the park. :-) But as Tiger Woods has also since married on your fabulous island, I do have a few ideas...Hahahahaha!

I know whatever we decide upon, you'll make it happen. We've got the fairytale memories to prove it. For that, Luisan the lovely, you've just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

No comments:

Magazines.com, Inc.