Spa Finder, Inc

Monday, November 20, 2006

Monday Drive

Whenever I drive north on I-85 from the direction of the airport, as I did this afternoon, I always get a little goose-pimply when I see the downtown Atlanta skyline come into view. It never fails.

When indeed I have been traveling and I'm en route to my home from the airport, it's at this point on the road that I start feeling like I'm getting a big "welcome back" hug. I've also often noted that when I'm picking up friends and family who are visiting, it's at this juncture that their conversation and voices become REALLY excited, as if innately they sense, "My Atlanta visit starts... NOW!"

Yep, when I see the afro'd So So Def guy on his billboard perch, I know be it ever so humble, there's no place like Atlanta.

To all the architects of my beloved Atlanta skyline and these photos' photographers, you've just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

No comments:

Magazines.com, Inc.