Spa Finder, Inc

Monday, November 13, 2006

Put It Down on Paper

Though I'm new to giving thanks online, I have been keeping a gratitude journal for what will be 10 years come this January, at the prompting of my friend Pamela, who introduced me to author Sarah Ban Breathnach's concept at a New Year's Girls' Gathering. I took the idea and ran with it, and this morning I started volume #12.

I'm a Borders Rewards customer, so inevitably you'll find me in Borders every weekend buying something, because, well, I get rewarded. I just can't get enough of books, mags, music and film, so they've got me hooked for life. This weekend's purchase at 20% off: Journal #12, manufactured by Paperchase, a stationery company in the UK that I love. Their sumptuous paper quality makes their products almost edible--almost.

In an earlier post I suggested that you check out Daryn Kagan's new website launching today. I did (it's great, by the way--I'll be going back daily), and in poking around its pages, I came across the Between Me and You Relationship Keepsake Journal series, and the story of how it came to be by its creator, Winston Simmonds Jr.

If you're one who cherishes your relationships, and the idea of documenting them through written word appeals to you, you’ve got to check out these journals. With the tagline of, "A Few Things I've Been Meaning to Ask," you're covered with recording the details for a MOM, DAD, HONEY, GRANDMA, GRANDPA, SISTER, BROTHER or 'REUNION' relationship. And it's stated that there are more editions to come.

I've got a family reunion coming up in July 2007, hence I'll be purchasing the Reunion journal, among others. The two for my parents to complete for my children are a given. Merry Christmas, Mom and Poppy. ;-)

For friends old and new who encourage my need to scribe to keep memories alive, Pamela, Sarah, Borders, Paperchase and Winston, you've just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

No comments:

Magazines.com, Inc.