Spa Finder, Inc

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Start Spreadin' The News

This moment, as I type, the participants of Ladies Who Launch LIVE - Atlanta are likely breaking for lunch. I really wanted to attend this event, but prior commitments have made the logistics of trying to make it today darn near impossible. And my 3 month-old isn't yet keen on being separated from my breast for extended periods of time, despite my earnest effort to have plenty of pumped milk on hand for the kind souls who attempt to give me a break here and there so I can pursue "me time" and keep my wits.

I would have particularly enjoyed hearing from Daryn Kagan, one of the scheduled speakers. This former CNN reporter and anchor is launching a new endeavor at www.darynkagan.com that's going to put a new, inspirational spin on news. I'll take some of that--how about you? It goes live this coming Monday, on November 13th. You can find an interview detailing the project and her journey here.

I applaud Kagan's bravery to strike out on her own and engage in work that holds special meaning to her. There are always the naysayers who can't imagine leaving perches where one seems to have it all, but they will never know the liberation that comes from following your heart and seeing where it leads.

For being an example and courageously setting out to prove the world is a good place, Daryn Kagan, you've just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

No comments:

Magazines.com, Inc.