Spa Finder, Inc

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Goods That Saved Christmas


Monday, 9:07 a.m.

"We are sorry, but this item is currently out of stock. We typically receive items back in stock within 2-4 weeks of selling out. Click on the 'email me' link below to hear from us when it comes in."

Oh, no!! This just won't do. I need it for Christmas! Nevermind that yes, I've waited 'til the last minute, you, "I started in October and got all my holiday shopping done the day after Thanksgiving," shoppers, you.

What to do? It was the perfect gift for this special person, and now, I can't even begin to think of an alternative that would also arrive in time.

Walk away, just walk away, Lis. You've got other things to tend to today. Maybe something will come to you while you're out, and you can still get it shipped to arrive in time.

Monday, 8:42 p.m.

Nothing. Nothing grabbed me while I was out. What could compare to the perfect gift I'd had in mind? Oh well, I'll just check email while I still ponder what to do.

What? What's this in my inbox?!

"The *perfect gift* you are interested in is either back in stock at the time this email is being sent or is now available to be purchased on backorder. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Please click on the link below to see and order this item."

Are you kidding me?! Oh happy day! But I'm physically and mentally exhausted. Here's dinner, loved ones. I'm going to take a nap.

Tuesday, 12:50 a.m.

Hmphh... Ha... Uhh... What time is it...? Where am I...?

Baby... crying... must... feed...

Order... gift...

Tuesday, 1:12 a.m.

Baby... fed...? Check.

Gift... ordered...? zzzZZZ.....

Tuesday, 8:56 a.m.

Click, click, credit card number, send.

Tuesday, 8:58 a.m.

Whew! There it is--a confirmation notice in my inbox stating that the order has been received and that it will arrive in time for Christmas to my desired recipient. Life is uncommonly good.

Big thanks to you, Uncommon Goods. I love your ever-novel stuff. For coming through for me in a special way this Christmas, you've just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

No comments:

Magazines.com, Inc.