Spa Finder, Inc

Saturday, December 30, 2006

School Dais

I'm a product of public school education. Hubby-Honey? He was K-12 private school-educated.

Before our children were born, we would sometimes debate the educational route we'd plan to go with them, from the vantage point of our own positive experiences. Unfortunately, I was hard pressed to make strong arguments for my case because the public school system here I was faced with defending was in a word--crappy.

So since the arrival of our little ones I've been on the verge of acquiescing to the argument that private education would be best, while still in my heart of hearts believing that there had to be something out there that would meet with my public school approval.

Today my reading of the Atlanta Magazine January 2007 issue confirmed that indeed there may be, and I've got some new ammunition for my arsenal that I think will satisfy both our criteria.

Three cheers for the IB program, and the diligent public schools that have proven themselves worthy of offering it.

For all the research that went into your highly informative article, "How to Get a Great Education for Free: Taking advantage of public school opportunities", Mary Jo DiLonardo, Education & Family Editor, you've just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

No comments:

Magazines.com, Inc.