Spa Finder, Inc

Sunday, December 03, 2006

You Put the Time in the Coconut...


Seven years ago I dropped out of culinary school. I couldn't hack having to cook every day, so I fell back on my 4-year degree for gainful employment.

Had I hung in there for one more semester, perhaps I would have learned in my International and Current Cuisine class that not all coconut milk is created equal. Hence, the brand my mother-in-law uses for her Jamaican rice and peas, nor the kind that Goya produces would do my impromptu Thai creations any justice, despite my numerous tweakings.

Who knew?

For allowing me to finally get it right and stick a perfect '10' a la Mary Lou Retton with my yellow curry dish last night, A Taste of Thai, you've just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

No comments:

Magazines.com, Inc.