Spa Finder, Inc

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Laughing Gas


Growing up in New Jersey they were called "license plates". As I moved further down the east coast they were called "tags". Perhaps similar terms are used in other regions of the country. Whatever you call them, I have always been fascinated by the levels of creativity I've encountered when observing cars with personalized/vanity/prestige plates.

I'm tickled when someone wishes to share some aspect of their identity with me in this manner on the highway. Makes the drive a little more engaging as I share a fleeting, "Hello, nice to meet you," moment with my fellow road warrior.

Today I was driving on a surface street behind 'LUV2LAF'. How cool is that tag? So I started to wonder... Is she a comedienne? Is she just a jolly person? What if I pulled up alongside her at the next light and started laughing hysterically as I recalled the triumphant wresting match climax in Nacho Libre (Hubby-Honey's and my Date Nite silly movie selection this past Friday)--would she laugh with me or look at me like I was nuts?

My better judgment won out this time, but I'm telling you, 'LUV2LAF': if we ever meet again, I'm going to pull up next to you and find out. In the meantime, thanks for the chuckle to myself. You've just been added to The Thanks Ranks.

What do you think: 'GVTHANX' or 'BGR8FUL'?

No comments:

Magazines.com, Inc.